1.09.2013

A look back at 2012

Every year as the calendar rolls from December 31 to January 1st I feel a sense of newness.  A new year.  A new beginning.  Although I know that each day is a fresh start, the beginning of the year marks a time for me where I stop and evaluate where we've been the past year- how I've grown (and areas I haven't grown in) and really stop and thank God for who He is and everything He's doing in our life.  I'm reading the book One Thousand Gifts right now and the whole point of the book is thankfulness.  Don't you worry- I am going to be posting more about that later :)  Although we live in this messy world filled with shootings, disease, heartache, and sin, I have been convicted that I am still called to live with a heart of thankfulness.

This year we had MUCH to be thankful for:

We documented my growing belly

We welcomed our little boy :)

I completed my Masters in Christian Studies

We were apart of a viral video (.. not sure if I was necessarily thankful for this.. but it made for an interesting story :)

Traveled a lot

Bought our first home

Celebrated lots of wonderful couples getting married

And there is so much more.  This is one of the reasons why I LOVE keeping a blog.  I just spent like 45 minutes reading all of the posts from this past year :)

Here are some other great blog posts about the New Year and resolutions I have read recently:

A fresh start.

Real Motivation

I bought these to keep me organized this year

Thinking about joining this club....

Good insight into new years resolutions

Love the Plan  posted on this blog to help you evaluate yourself this upcoming year.

Yay for 2013.  Can't wait to see what's in store this upcoming year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment